91 replies to this topic

#1 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:25 PM

I ask a question and my post is deleted?

I will be keeping this thread open so you can ask questions in here. However as I answer them I will be deleting the posts asking the question, but in my post answering the full text of the question will be quoted.

This is simply to keep this thread uncluttered. Feel free to make a new post asking a question if you wish.

How do I register for a badge?

Look at the following posts:

Pre-Reg Step 1: Create an EZLogin account.

Pre-Reg Step 2: Entering Attendee Information

Pre-Reg Step 3a: Payment for Badges. (Snail Mail)

Pre-Reg Step 3b: Payment for Badges. (Paypal)

How much do badges cost?

Badges cost the following (All prices are per person)

So until 9/1/2011 Pre-reg will be $40.From 9/2/2011 until 11/1/2011 Pre-reg will be $45.
and 11/2/2011 until 1/8/2012 Pre-reg will be $50.

And At-door will be $55.

If you register for 10 or more badges at the same time you will get a $5 discount per badge.

At Con-Badge registration: (Only available at the door) (Single day prices have been updated for 2012)
At door prices for 2012
$55 Weekend
$30 Fri
$35 Sat
$45 Sat/Sun
$10 Sunday

Children under 13 (12 or under) = Free with a paid adult

Pre-registration Badges are good for the full weekend. On occasion pre-registered badges may give additional benefits.

I have young children do they need badges?

Everyone attending Ohayocon needs a badge.

However children under the age of 13 (That means 12 & younger) can request a childrens badge which is free when associated with a paid badge.

To get a childrens badge email me at david.muniak@ohayocon.org once you have purchased a badge for the child's badge to be associated with.

(Comped badges may also request children's badges)

We will request an emergency contact number to be associated with the badge which will only be used for emergencys.

I already bought my badge, but I can't make it to Ohayocon. Can I get a refund?

No. All sales are final and we do not offer refunds no matter the reason. Although purchasing pre-registration badges does save you money, we recommend that you wait to purchase the badge until you are sure that your schedule and finances will work out for that weekend.

I already bought my badge, but I can't make it to Ohayocon. Can I give my badge to someone else?
Maybe. We have allowed people to transfer badges if we are given enough time and a good reason. For now if you pre-register and need to transfer your badge contact me at david.muniak@ohayocon.org

I volunteered last year what do i have to do to get my free pass?

If you volunteered as a gopher, you should of already received a confirmation email for 2011. You are considered pre-registered and simply pick up your badge next year at the pre-registration table.
If you did not get a confirmation email, please contact me at david.muniak@ohayocon.org and I will look into it.

What hours is registration open?
Thursday 9pm until midnight (Tentative open time) ( Also pre-reg pick up only. No at-con registration)
Friday 9am until 9pm
Saturday 9am until 9pm
Sunday 9am until 3pm

When do the lines form?
Lines form as people show up. If I say the lines open at 8am then people will show up at 7. If I say 7, they will show up at 6.
And in the past when we didn't have a Thursday pick up I had people waiting in line Thursday for Fridays open.

So there is no "official line open time". However if you are waiting outside of registration please stay against the wall to not get in peoples way and convention/hotel staff may ask you to line up against the wall. Basically obey common courtesy and no pushing.

Do you offer military discounts, senior, or student discounts?

Sorry not at this time.

What kind of payments do you take?

Pre-registration:

Check/Money Order through the mail
Check/Credit card through the online system (This requires a paypal account).

At-Convention:
Check/ Money Order/ Cash
We are working on accepting credit cards but it is not guaranteed for 2011 at this point.

When is the convention?

January 28,29,30 2011

I have a question about ....

Feel free to contact me via PM or email at david.muniak@ohayocon.org

#2 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:34 PM

Why did the cost for registration go up? Would that make it hard for some poeple afford go to the convention now?

Basically it boils down to two changes.

1. The weekend price went up $5. This is the first price increase in our weekend price in I believe over 4 years and I am pretty sure is less then inflation.

2. I was told to switch back to 2 pre-registration periods rather then 3 (Which is what we had in years prior to 2010).

The switch to 2 pre-reg periods means 2 discounts. so the $50 only drops to $40.

We only had the third period last year which only lasted about a month because the $30 price was announced and it wouldn't be fair to announce a price and not honor it.

I don't know how to answer other then to say it is related to the rising expenses in running the convention as we try to bring more events guests and activities for the con goer.

#3 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:37 AM

i dont know if this is the correct spot, but im looking to finally make the transition from ohayocon gopher to security. what would i have to do to sign up to security?

http://www.ohayocon.org/volunteer.html
There's the application form to staff at http://www.ohayocon.org/stafffrom.html

it only says staff not security. so do i fill that out and then they contact me about what specific branch of staff id like or am sutable for?

Security is staff. Just put in the last box with "The anything else you want to tell us" that you are interested in security. I'm not sure if there was a specific security job code for the first box.

#4 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:43 AM

Am I able to pay for my registration using my checking account direct withdrawal or do I have to use a credit card or e-check? I tried direct and it seemed to fail.

You should be able to pay using paypal for the direct withdraw.

Did it give a error? Or did you get a paypal receipt and the badges don't show up in the system/no confirmation from ohayocon@centaurstage.com?

If you use paypal's as an e-check (which I believe is what happens if you do the direct withdraw) then we get two notifications from paypal.
One when you submit it. One when it "clears". The badges get added to the system when it "clears". This usually takes 3-5 business days.

If you have a paypal receipt # you can email/pm me about it and I can look to see if it is pending or if something went wrong.

#5 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:50 AM

I'm registering for 10+ badges, do I have to pick them all up or can each person pick theirs up themselves?

I am still deciding on how I want to handle it. Here is what I did last year and will be similar based on what the group situation looks like.

I will be emailing groups once the pre-registration period has closed and give the group leader the option of picking them all up or everyone picks up their own.

One requirement I've had in the past for leaders picking up their entire group is that the must leave us a working cell contact number.
This number will be given out to any group members who show up and try to pick up their badges.

The info will be clarified as we approach the convention.

#6 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:53 AM

Will the attendee name appear on the badge? My first and last name are boring, so I'd rather use a handle if it will be displayed on the badge. Just wanna know before I order.
^_^

We do not write anything on badges.

We do require you to write a name on the badge. It can be a pseudonym, your real name, or anything.
We simply do not allow you to leave it blank.

Badges will be numbered and that will tie your badge with the information in our system.

We have found this much easier than trying to print out nick names on demand and dealing with the privacy/safety concerns of real names on badges.

On a related note, I am extremely tempted to implement a new rule where you will lose your badge if you try to leave the room with one of registration's permanent markers.

#7 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:51 AM

if im planing to send money for pre reg. through the mail with out using paypal, how would i go about doing that?
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am really confused about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
much appreciated. thx in advanced for answering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You follow these steps

Pre-reg steps 1,2, 3a in the stickies of the registration forum.

You create an ezreg account. (step 1)
Put in everyone's information for the people you are buying badges for. (Step 2)
Print out the home page which has the people's ezreg # on them. (Step 3a)

And mail them with a check or money order. (Step 3a)

Also Do NOT send cash.

#8 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

Why not send Cash?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
And how would one enter the cosplay contest(rules, can the cosplay be bought or does it have to be made, and of course(repeat alert), how you enter)
Thank You

Easy question first.
How you register for the cosplay contest is at
http://forums.ohayoc...?showtopic=1864
and any questions about it can be emailed to:
cosplay.ohayocon@gmail.com

As for sending cash.

We don't want to risk getting sent empty envelopes. (Either from unscrupulous postal workers or trying to blame unscrupulous postal workers after sending empty envelopes)

Check's and money orders can be reported stolen and money isn't lost.

Money orders are easy to get from banks, stores, convenience stores.

#9 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

This may be a bit unrelated, but I'm not sure where else to ask it.

Is there an estimated time when artist alley applications are going to be opened? I'm going to be registering a group of about 16 people in order to get the group discount, but two of the people in my group are waiting to see if they can get an artist alley table (and the accompanying two badges) instead. Is it possible for them to register for an AA table before October 31 so we can safely count them out of our group and get our badges before the price hike?

Edit: DERP. I just found the answer to my question. I didn't realize that registering took place on the forums. The website page says that registration for Artist's Alley is still not open, which is the main thing my friends and I were looking at. I'll point them in the direction of the forums. :)

For anyone else in this situation. Do this:

1. Register all members (including any potential AA ) as part of the single group.
2. Have potential AA apply for the table.

If they don't make it into AA they have the discounted badge and are all set.

If they are accepted into AA have them contact me through pm or email at godai@centaurstage.com and we will work out steps for paying for the AA table.

Assuming they registered right now it would be $70 that they pay for their 2 group tickets. We would apply the $70 to the $120 that is required for AA.

So I will have to work out the remaining $50 with them (Basically they will need to send a second check or paypal the remainder)
Again they should contact me before sending any additional money.

Sorry about that webpage not showing AA being open. I'll poke our webmonkey again and hopefully get it updated.

#10 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

I just pre-registered my little sister and I, and I saw we need ID to claim the badges. I have my license, but what should she bring? Will a school ID work?

Since your family members and registered at the same time, your id will be enough to pick them up.

#11 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

I'm actually having about 20 people pre-register, is it possible to get another 5 dollar discount?

Sorry no, the group rate is $5 off.

#12 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

does the $5 group discount have an experation date???????????????????????

The $5 discount for groups of 10 or more is good for pre-regging only.
So if you are pre-regging you can get it. If you are registerring at the con you can NOT.

One thing to note is that price will be going up at the end of the month from $40 to $45.
So group rate will be going from $35 to $40 at that point.

#13 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

for the cosplay contest and cosplay craftsmen ship, can you use a different cosplay for the contest and the craftsmenship?
my girl friend needs to know.
thx in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Cosplay forum is at http://forums.ohayoc...hp?showforum=15
or send email to acle.ohayocon@gmail.com for cosplay questions.

#14 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

I sent my registration and money in via snail mail and my check was cashed on 9/21/10 but my badge isn't listed as being processed and I haven't gotten an email confirmation yet. I'm a little confused, how long does it take for a badge to be processed after the check is cashed?

Thanks

email may have bounced. pm or email me your information and I will look into it.

#15 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

In order to get the $40 rate by registering before the end of October, do you have to receive the registration by that point (if it's by snail mail) or should it just be post-marked by then?

Postmarked.

#16 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:46 PM

In the past I was able to pre-register for Saturday only. Is there a pre-register available for saturday only?? I tried to do a saturday only but when I went to the registration screen it was for 40 dollars meaning all weekend not just saturday. Can you help me!!!

Sorry pre-reg is for the weekend only.

#17 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

I know you told me to e-mail you for problems, but I have to dodge the bullet here and take chances on a small computer with only an hour till work, I need to ask why the EZreg thing won't sign me in when I've already created an account. When I enter my account, my password and my e-mail the thing switches to another page saying at the bottom "The e-mail you are using is already in use, please use another e-mail"

What should I do? Will it have to be a priority to make an e-mail every year?

Did you get an activation email? Is it saying the account is locked?

You can PM your info to me on the forum and I can look it up.

You shouldn't have to create an new account.

One suggestion is to shut down the web browser and open it back up. go straight to http://www.centaurstage.com/ohayocon/
then click the login in link and try to log in.

#18 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

Is there any way to pick up pre-reg passes on Friday?

You can pick up your pre-reg passes any time reg is open.

Fri 9-9, Sat 9-9, Sun 9-4 and Thursday approx 9pm-midnight. (Thursday time is tentative)

If you see one big line, check at the front and ask where the pre-reg line is.

#19 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

I was wondering if you need a new EZreg account for this year even if you already made one last year. THANKS!

Your ez-reg ID from last year is still good, you just need to buy new badges for this year. Please make sure the information is up to date in your ez-reg account.

What he said.
Your log in should still work and you should be able to update the information by clicking on the names that show up on your home page.

#20 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

Any word on how groups are to pick up their badges? I have people in my group asking
We'd actually prefer to pick them up individually if possible

Groups will be contacted once pre-registration has closed.

The group leader (The person who sent the information in) will be given the choice of picking them all up or letting them pick it up individually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users