Photo

Looking for a new MMO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Edaar

Edaar

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hey guys, I've been trying to find a new online game to play. I started with EQ1 in '99 and played a bunch since then including WoW, EQ2, CoH, Eve Online, Aion, LoTRO, and am currently playing Perfect World International. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions cause I haven't found any really good games with balanced PvE content, good class balancing, and plenty of exploration with inventive story lines and some good epic quests. My current hope is for Star Wars the Old Republic from Bioware but right now I'm looking at trying Xbox Live even though I am not a big first person shooter player so any suggestions would be awesome!
-Edaar
"What's the harm in threatening to dismember a jounin here and there for the benefit of one's pupil."

#2 Ryuho

Ryuho

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

I'm playing Aion right now- In the same boat as far as Old Republic. Final Fantasy XIV is... interesting, but I can't support Square MMO's any longer if they're going to forget to add an auto sort on a game I'm paying for!!!! But I digress. Since you like Perfect World, I am going to suggest Vindictus and Dungeon Fighter Online (DFO) to you. Both are really great games, big in Korea, and they have been updating pretty regularly. Vindictus is like Dynasty Warriors and DFO is like Streets of Rage, you can use a controller with both!

#3 craiken

craiken

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

In the same line as Vindictus, DCU sort of feels the same way to me. But that's more if you're into comic books obviously.
Medicine makes me dream about Cthulu.
And for some odd reason, ketchup as well.

#4 StrangeCandi

StrangeCandi

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

I'm playign aion right now. which i think is decent until TERA gets released. There's a few P2P MMo's coming out soon you may want to check out. Rift- supposedly good game play ive heard but the graphics are areal turn off. Tera- Supposed to be the new "True action based" Graphics are amazing, and itll become a time where we cans ee what clerics can aim and who just fails! :3 As for currently our MMO's Jade Dynasty is a perfect world game, also Forsaken world will becoming to Open beta in spring. also a perfect world game. :) Aika online is Decent if you can handle the grind.

Ohayocon 2014 Cosplay plans:

LoL- Prom Queen Annie

And OMIGAWSH. IMMA HAVE TO HIDE MY KIDS, HIDE MY WIFE 'CUZ MEGAN'S RAPIN' ERRYBODY OU...T HERE.

The pain was that you had to buy new diapers. I was 5. I didn't have that kinda money D< I used napkins and tape!

My sister had one. It had to be broken. It peed all the time!

<3 you Verdi and ryuho!

#5 Edaar

Edaar

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

I tried Aion when it first came out and really had hopes for the game but there have been some major issues, particularly with the bots, gold farmers controlling all server economies, the huge grind, lag issues with the pvp, and lack of PvE drops kind of ruined everything for me which was sad since it had great class balancing and beautiful graphics and animations. I know a lot of the issues came from it being an Asian design but a lot of the issues could have been solved with some patches to get rid of bots and gold farmers and increasing drop rates. I spent 4 days grinding for a single pet spell, only reason I didn't continue was because my legion got sick of it and bought the spell for me eventually lol. Perfect World is pretty cool but I dislike how they push you to buy gold with cash to really be able to move forward in the game and I read that EQ2's new free to play plan is a giant scam that requires more money than perfect world does to buy stuff. My friend and I are looking at playing Forsaken World though, at least until Star Wars the Old Republic comes out, when I plan to drag my friends over to play kicking and screaming, anyone have an idea when that will be releasing? I read it was meant to be spring of 2011 but since we're getting into Spring of 2011 in a few months and still no release date last I checked.
-Edaar
"What's the harm in threatening to dismember a jounin here and there for the benefit of one's pupil."

#6 DJChu

DJChu

Pic-bombing king of the Ohayocon forums

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,004 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

Rusty hearts is pretty kickass.
Yukkuri Shittete Ne!

Take It Easy!
----------------------------------Watch-me-dance------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------Watch-me-make-it-rain-----------------------------------------------------
2012 cosplays:
Murasa Minamitsu(Toho project)
Sanae Kochiya, Jersey Shore Sanae, Pop idol Sanae(yo i gots the megaphone swag, lets go this)(toho project)
Yukari yakumo(Toho project)
Battler Ushiromiya(Umineko no Naku koro Ni)
Captain Admiral P*n*s-Chin the 3rd Pimp from Space Egypt(OC)

#7 Infiniteque

Infiniteque

Attendee

• Staff
  • Pip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

Well.

I say wait for Phantasy Star Online 2.
Recognize my Tequenique!

#8 Naouma

Naouma

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

I don't really know of any... I wish I could be of some help though... Hmm... Maybe I need to hang around this thread a bit more then... Find some good ones. XDD

~`~.//Cosplays for Ohayocon12.~`~

Masaomi Kida (DURARARA!!) 100%
CANADA a.k.a. Matthew Williams (APH) 100%
Near (Death Note) 100%
4chords Nepeta Leijon (Homestuck 4chords) 100%

-~-~-~FORMAL~-~-~-
Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji) 100%

-~-~-~RAVE!~-~-~-
Masaomi Kida (DURARARA!!) 100%

-~-~-~THEME~-~-~-
None. Didn't have time/supplies.

#9 DJChu

DJChu

Pic-bombing king of the Ohayocon forums

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,004 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

dynasty warriors online, its just like the game
Yukkuri Shittete Ne!

Take It Easy!
----------------------------------Watch-me-dance------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------Watch-me-make-it-rain-----------------------------------------------------
2012 cosplays:
Murasa Minamitsu(Toho project)
Sanae Kochiya, Jersey Shore Sanae, Pop idol Sanae(yo i gots the megaphone swag, lets go this)(toho project)
Yukari yakumo(Toho project)
Battler Ushiromiya(Umineko no Naku koro Ni)
Captain Admiral P*n*s-Chin the 3rd Pimp from Space Egypt(OC)

#10 Happosai

Happosai

Shadow Platypus

• Staff
  • Pip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

FFXI www.playonline.com

http://www.anime-pla...users/happosaii
Cant wait for 2014!
^is stalked, so is now known as Celery Man
As of 1/29/10 known as the cool dude in the yellow shirt.
Security

#11 Atilahunt

Atilahunt

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

Martial Empires, mixes eastern mob killing with western quest grinding for lvling, kind of fun, preatty young less than a year old.
Ohayocon 2010 facebook photo album
the quotes are immortalized in my "about me" page
Atila hunt's anime list
May the curd be with youlet the crust guide you
COSPLAYS 2011:
QUOTE (doaberuko @ Jan 16 2011, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:blink: wow, I've been thinking Benson was a girl for nearly a month now....

GOING STEAMPUNK
OFF-TOPIC IS OFF-TOPIC FOR A REASON!

#12 Miyabi-

Miyabi-

Vamp-tastic Mod

• Staff
  • Pip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

DC Universe is free to play now.

Sarcasticly blunt, yet nice. (promise!) <3
""Idiocy, whether spoken or written, offends me and I feel obligated to correct it." -Polgara- "Polgara the Sorceress" by David and Leigh Eddings.{C}{C}
{C}{C}YES THERE ARE SIGNATURE SIZE LIMITS. THE GUIDELINES FOR THEM ARE HERE:{C}{C}
http://forums.ohayoc...view=getnewpost

#13 ffweatherman

ffweatherman

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

At this point everyone should be playing The Old Republic

YouTube Poop 6: APPROVED
Look for GenshiGrads HERE!

HappyFamireeProductionsBanner_zpse1515bd

Go to ^ this ^ and enjoy

#14 Upbeat-Pariah

Upbeat-Pariah

Self-proclaimed Ruler of the Forums

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,264 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

At this point everyone should be playing The Old Republic

I played that at a friend's house actually. It may have been the most brilliant MMO I've ever played. Sadly though, I can't afford to shell out the cash for it right now. Eventually though!
This is my Facebook.

QUOTE (The Black Knights @ Oct 15 2010, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let it be known that Upbeat-Pariah is now a Brendan, as he has begun his Training in the Ways of Manly Screaming, and because Facebook won't let me go back to it for some reason.

QUOTE (The Black Knights @ Oct 22 2010, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^Is my Beloved Son

#15 deathhevan

deathhevan

Attendee

• Staff
  • Pip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Lineage 2 is pretty good and apparently went F2P at some point which I didn't notice....

I'd recommend that, or if you can afford to pick them up, Guild Wars. You just have to buy the games then then the actual game has no subscription fee to pay.

There is also Megaten: http://megaten.aeriagames.com/

Most of the games made by Aeria are pretty nice to play.

There is also the option of Dragon Saga, though it used to go by Dragonica and was ran by THQ.
http://playdragonsaga.com/

Warp Portal, the people who run it now also carry a bunch of good games.

Then a couple other good carriers of free MMOs are:

GPotato: http://www.gpotato.com/
OgPlanet: http://www.ogplanet.com/main.og

If you're actually interested in Pay to Play games, I would agree with other people and go with SW:TOR or WoW dependent on your tastes.

If you anyone decides to start WoW, let me know and I can send recruitment links to people...
Players with linked accounts get the benefits of faster levelling and can summon the linked people to one another... Also, as the refferer, I could finally get my X-53 Touring Rocket that I've been trying to get for like, FOREVER....)

I have a huge list of good MMOs somewhere that is a mix of F2P and Pay to Play games. If I find it, I'll post it...

#16 Templore

Templore

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Alot of good mmo's are out there it just depends on what your tastes are.

- Free to play -

DC Universe Online
Perfect World International
Forsaken World
Eligium
Rift (Up to lvl 20)
World of Warcraft (Up to 20)
Aion
Spiral Knights (If you like a more dungeon crawler aspect)
Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO)
Maplestory
Runescape
Neosteam

Just to name a handful i've had experiences with recently, A few might not be mind
blowing graphical wise but there is fun to be had in these I named. And if you want
a place to find many more try here.
http://mmohut.com/ They can point ya in the direction of MMO's.

#17 XeroxCopycat

XeroxCopycat

Attendee

• Staff
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Uhmmm... League of Legends?

dIpbV1I.gif

Dennis -- Gaming Staff (INSERT from years = X where X > 11)

WARNING, A LEVEL 5 JABRONI IS APPROACHING FAST!

#18 Xochine

Xochine

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

Look into The Secret World. It will fulfill most all of your request. Good PvE gameplay. No need to balance classes, as there are none. Inventive storyline. The entire game is based on exploration. The game is currently in Beta and should be released within the next month or so... www.thesecretworld.com

#19 Darsh

Darsh

Attendee

• Staff
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

Final Fantasy XIV is... interesting, but I can't support Square MMO's any longer if they're going to forget to add an auto sort on a game I'm paying for!!!!

FYI, encase you're interested, auto sort was added. They also added an item look up for the market wards.

ironnayncat.gif
Ohayocon Game Room Co-Department Head
Please feel free to message me if you have questions related to
the League of Legends tournament or staffing for the Game Room.
<( ' O ' <) ... (> ' O ' )>

#20 Orion_Beoulve

Orion_Beoulve

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Everyone should be keeping an eye on Guild Wars 2 I say! Participated in the beta events and it's pretty boss so far. Comes out August 28th.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Facebook Make sure to tell me you're from the forums.