Photo

When will Dealers' info for 2013 be available?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 StarShipCat

StarShipCat

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

When will you have dealer's information for 2013 available? Or is there someone we can contact now about getting booths at Ohayocon? What size are the booths? How much does each booth cost? Please let us know as soon as possible since we want to arrange for our space before it sells out. Thank you.

#2 kitalovessm

kitalovessm

Convention Chair

• Staff
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

When will you have dealer's information for 2013 available? Or is there someone we can contact now about getting booths at Ohayocon? What size are the booths? How much does each booth cost? Please let us know as soon as possible since we want to arrange for our space before it sells out. Thank you.

I don't know if this question has been answered yet, but have you tried emailing info@ohayocon.org? They should be able to help you out.
Nikita Mathur, Human Resources Head 2013

#3 StarShipCat

StarShipCat

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

I don't know if this question has been answered yet, but have you tried emailing info@ohayocon.org? They should be able to help you out.

We've repeatedly sent emails to that address, but no reply. The contract for 2013 is on the web site, but there is no place where we can find the price for a booth or where to mail the money. The dealers room was supposed to be opened for taking applications in June and it's now June 12th. We want to send you money for three booths, but we need to know how much and where to send it. Please reply asap. Thank you.

#4 lilindar

lilindar

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm also waiting on this information. How much is it? Where do I pay? :/ Are dealer's booths already being sold, are they sold out already to last year's vendors?

I'd also like to know how the Dealer's Room feels about fanart. I'm an artist, I prefer to show in the Dealer's Room over artist alley for the extra space and the ability to sell my full body of work, original AND fanart. To review this work, please view my gallery.

So, yeah, needing answers. 8( But having trouble getting information or in contact with someone with information.

#5 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

I'm also waiting on this information. How much is it? Where do I pay? :/ Are dealer's booths already being sold, are they sold out already to last year's vendors?

I'd also like to know how the Dealer's Room feels about fanart. I'm an artist, I prefer to show in the Dealer's Room over artist alley for the extra space and the ability to sell my full body of work, original AND fanart. To review this work, please view my gallery.

So, yeah, needing answers. 8( But having trouble getting information or in contact with someone with information.

Hi all.

Contact melissa.phelps@ohayocon.org about the dealers room.

#6 kittensightings

kittensightings

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi all.

Contact melissa.phelps@ohayocon.org about the dealers room.

I'm having similar issues, I have emailed the lady as above, also the info address and the dealers email address. None of those emails are getting us a response. (last email sent 10 days ago) I know it's tough when you guys have second jobs as well, but many of us don't want to miss the boat. There is no cost information on the dealer "contract" posted, and why there are multiple addresses on the dealer contract, there is no indication of which address to send a signed contract to, much less payment information or instructions of how Dealers will be selected this year. I'm debating between Dealer and AA this year, and I know after this month that AA will likely open, so I would like to have information on both before deciding between the two. Will more information be posted soon or when is a good timeframe to get our emails answered? Thank you.

#7 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'm having similar issues, I have emailed the lady as above, also the info address and the dealers email address. None of those emails are getting us a response. (last email sent 10 days ago) I know it's tough when you guys have second jobs as well, but many of us don't want to miss the boat. There is no cost information on the dealer "contract" posted, and why there are multiple addresses on the dealer contract, there is no indication of which address to send a signed contract to, much less payment information or instructions of how Dealers will be selected this year. I'm debating between Dealer and AA this year, and I know after this month that AA will likely open, so I would like to have information on both before deciding between the two. Will more information be posted soon or when is a good timeframe to get our emails answered? Thank you.

I'm trying to get more information at this point.

My suggestion for those in your position, is apply for AA as it has a set application window. (Submissions are open now.)
And then apply to dealers room when it becomes available if you want.

#8 lilindar

lilindar

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

Yeah same position here. I'd LOVE to be a Dealer! Bigger table! More space! But I could settle for AA. I'm just wishing for info on these dealers' booths. In the mean time, I've put in an application to the AA. I've sent the emails and not heard anything. :/ Don't want to miss out, either. It would be my first Ohayocon! .... Or maybe not, if I manage to miss out on everything.

#9 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

Yeah same position here. I'd LOVE to be a Dealer! Bigger table! More space! But I could settle for AA. I'm just wishing for info on these dealers' booths. In the mean time, I've put in an application to the AA. I've sent the emails and not heard anything. :/ Don't want to miss out, either. It would be my first Ohayocon! .... Or maybe not, if I manage to miss out on everything.

Quick update.

From my understanding the dealer specifics will be up from on the website from August 11th until September 1st.

#10 lilindar

lilindar

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

At least you've got a time frame! Though the earlier the better. I don't see a time estimate given for when judging might be done and applications accepted at the AA and how long we'd have to pay after that. If dealers' info isn't up until September, it seems like that might be too late, depending on how fast the AA process goes.

#11 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

At least you've got a time frame!

Though the earlier the better. I don't see a time estimate given for when judging might be done and applications accepted at the AA and how long we'd have to pay after that. If dealers' info isn't up until September, it seems like that might be too late, depending on how fast the AA process goes.

If you have work that meets the AA rules & restrictions, i'd apply for AA, then also apply for dealers.

That's my personal opinion.

#12 lilindar

lilindar

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

http://www.ohayocon.org/dealers.html This says we're going to get information on the 10th (today) via email, but I haven't seen anything at all, and I've emailed a few times over the past several weeks. 8( No one has at any point ever replied to any of my emails.

The website also says that sign ups will happen the same way they did last year, but this is really unhelpful because I have no idea what transpired last year.

I'm really afraid that I'm going to miss out on everything because no one will spend the time it takes to send me one single email reply. 8(

#13 godai

godai

Head of Registration

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

http://www.ohayocon.org/dealers.html This says we're going to get information on the 10th (today) via email, but I haven't seen anything at all, and I've emailed a few times over the past several weeks. 8( No one has at any point ever replied to any of my emails.

The website also says that sign ups will happen the same way they did last year, but this is really unhelpful because I have no idea what transpired last year.

I'm really afraid that I'm going to miss out on everything because no one will spend the time it takes to send me one single email reply. 8(

Not sure what the hold is/was.

But here is the form that was supposed to go up on the 11th.
It has the basic info and the information needed etc.

Sorry for the delay.

Ohayocon 2013 Dealers Room Signup Form

A more formal announcement will be coming at a latter time.

David "Godai" Muniak

#14 skastumes

skastumes

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Have emails gone out about who has been picked for the dealer's room random drawing? I received an email saying we would be notified by the end of last week. :unsure:

#15 kittensightings

kittensightings

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Have emails gone out about who has been picked for the dealer's room random drawing? I received an email saying we would be notified by the end of last week. :unsure:

I'm in the same boat and was advised the same thing, at least I'm not the only one wondering what's going on. ;)

#16 skastumes

skastumes

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

I'm in the same boat and was advised the same thing, at least I'm not the only one wondering what's going on. ;)

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one. :lol: That makes me feel better about not knowing yet at least.

#17 Iskander

Iskander

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one. :lol: That makes me feel better about not knowing yet at least.

Others are wondering as well. We're just a tiny two-man startup and with September about over, we need to know soonest before we start committing money for merchadize fab.
Visual Novel Development: OTChi Kocchi

Cosplay: Ohayocon 2011, Prof. Dr. Nicholas Packwood FRS [steampunk]; Matsuricon 2011, Takamichi Takahata [Negima]; Ohayocon 2012, Austria [Hetalia]; Matsuricon 2012, Austria [Hetalia]; Ohayocon 2013, TK [Angel Beats] + Austria [Hetalia] + Owner, 3-AR Studios LLC.

#18 kittensightings

kittensightings

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

So,...here we are at November, we are a little OVER two months late on a response of who, if any, have gotten into the dealers room. I have issued several emails to the info contact, the the dealers contact, posted at this forum, twitter, I have emailed both representatives that handled the dealers room last year, that ironically, handled getting all emails to us ON TIME. I love Ohayocon, for us, it's a convention that sets my yearly revenue goals up. I don't want to miss it if I can. But waiting this long to inform your Dealers, ignore them, and essentially let us hope and pray we can book a hotel room in time this late is unprofessional and is reflecting poorly on you guys. I, among many others whom I see are not getting any word, have waited patiently long enough. I have been as professional, courteous, and nice as I can about the horrible lack of professionalism of,...whoever...the person is in charge of the Dealers. I have gone as far as to even offer assistance, to no avail. The only response I ever seem to get are from other Dealers who are just as mystified. You are painting a VERY different image than I remember for 2012 and I REALLY want to be a part of it, even if it means me having to publicly come here and say something and risk me not getting a table to get all the other Dealers a notice, well,...I guess I'll take that initiative and risk. Ohayocon is BIG enough that this should NEVER need to happen. This is our livelihood. Please, treat that with some respect for us and let us know here, or via to our personal emails asap. Way past due time, Ohayocon. Time to step it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users