2 replies to this topic

#1 stephaneeneenee

stephaneeneenee

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

I'm curious to know how other people present their reference photos at judging and what kind of photos/ references everyone uses?

#2 ShiroRiki

ShiroRiki

Attendee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Anime, video games, writing, music, and cosplaying.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'm curious to know how other people present their reference photos at judging and what kind of photos/ references everyone uses?

I usually put mine in a folder (on the right side) with the progress pictures in the left pocket. If I have a really good reference picture (such as one with more than one side in the picture) then I'll put that one first and the rest behind. If I don't, I'll just put them in the order that I think is the most important. As far as to what it kind, it depends on the character that I'm cosplaying as and how obscure they are. I very often have to take screen shots since I tend to cosplay as lesser known characters. I also tend to just get as many pictures of the character as possible, just to be on the safe side.

#3 Miyabi-

Miyabi-

Vamp-tastic Mod

• Staff
  • Pip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

I reccommend using a ringed binder and putting the pictures in clear plastic pages so they can easily be leafed through without having to shuffle through a bunch of papers. You can either make print offs of actual pictures of the characters and pictures of yourself and keep them separate or you can splice them together in side-by side comparison shots. (such as showing the picture of the back of the characters outfit in one and a back shot of you in the costume right beside the same angle) This is nice for the judges so they have images not only of the charcter but of your costume itself to refer back to if they need to.

Sarcasticly blunt, yet nice. (promise!) <3
""Idiocy, whether spoken or written, offends me and I feel obligated to correct it." -Polgara- "Polgara the Sorceress" by David and Leigh Eddings.{C}{C}
{C}{C}YES THERE ARE SIGNATURE SIZE LIMITS. THE GUIDELINES FOR THEM ARE HERE:{C}{C}
http://forums.ohayoc...view=getnewpost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users